Mother Goose Program
The Parent-Child Mother Goose Program® is a group experience for parents and their babies and young children which focuses on the pleasure and power of using rhymes, songs, and stories together. Parents gain skills and confidence which can enable them to create positive family patterns during their children's crucial early years, and give their children healthy early experiences with language and communication. The Program is aimed at families in need of support for any of a variety of reasons.
There is no cost to the parents who participate.
How You Benefit
- You'll gain confidence as a parent.
You'll positively affect your children's development and learning.
Learn to use songs and rhymes to soothe and comfort your baby.
Develop a network of friendship and support.
How Your Child Benefits
- Young children who participate in Parent-Child Mother Goose gain in so many ways!
- Increased language, pre-literacy, and cognitive skills.
- Enhanced confidence, self-esteem.
- Developing social skills.
- Learn a repertoire of rhymes, songs and stories to enjoy.
- Strengthen your parent-child bond.
- Establish a healthy relationship to last a lifetime!
For information on Oliver/Osoyoos Programs call: 250-498-2538
BC Council of Families website: www.bccf.ca